Welcome to Prostate Health Center
Learn all you need to know about prostate health and how to maintain it.
Prostate Health complications are among the most common urological conditions affecting men worldwide. If you’re a man living in the United States, it is particularly important for you to know about the risks of prostate related problems.
If you haven’t burdened yourself with a question of “What your prostate is?” OR “What role it plays in a man’s body?” you’re certainly not alone: most men don’t. However, every man should educate himself on this matter.
There are a number of conditions that develop if prostate health is not paid attention to. For example did you know that close to 85% of men worldwide develop some type of prostate problem by the age of 60?
This statistic is even more acute in the US, where 90% of men have or will suffer from prostate related problems at some point in their lifetime.
This is the most common form of cancer found in men. The National Cancer Institute Estimates that in 2010 there were around 217,000 new cases of prostate cancer resulting in 32,000 deaths in United States alone.
According to the World Health Organization there are several external factors that are linked to cancer deaths worldwide. Prostate cancer is the killer number four on that list, right after Tobbacco, Alcohol and Air Pollution.
Most people don’t get any prostate cancer signs at first, but once they do show up, commonly these are the symptoms to expect: painful urination, burning sensation, blood in the urine, and a constant urge to urinate. If you experience any of these, its time to start seriously taking care of your health!
BPH or Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Prostate condition or disease is characterized by the swelling of the prostate. 50% of men between the ages of 50 and 60 will develop it, and by the age of 80, about 90 % will have experienced BPH symptoms!
It’s no secret that BPH can have dreadful impact on your life. It can cause problems with urination, disrupt your sexual function and overall affect your quality of life.
There’s much to be said about sex and prostate health, and we’re not ashamed to discuss this topic on our website. You and your partner can find out all the information you need about everything to do with prostate health and about the benefits of prostate massage here.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prosate gland and it can occur in men of almost any age. It is exhibited by burning during urination or pain and discomfort in the pelvic area.
These symptoms make it impossible for patients to have a normal life. It disrupts your sleep quality as you have to make frequent trips to the bathroom. It disrupts your sex life, love life and can even lead to depression.
This condition does not respond well to most of the traditional treatments. Antibiotics that are prescribed as treatment by most urologists are only effective in less than one third of all cases.
One in 19 Americans will be diagnosed with colon cancer in their lifetime. Although colon cancer affects men and women equally, rectal cancer is more common in men. Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause in cancer-related deaths in men in the US.
In most cases colorectal cancer begins as a polyp, or a growth located on the inner lining of the colon or rectum. If cancer forms inside a polyp it starts to grow into the wall of the rectum or colon.
When colon and rectal cancers are found early, there is nearly a 90% chance for cure. Tightness in the anal muscles has been found to be the cause of much unexplainable prostate and testicular pain (University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center). Collectively they are referred to as colorectal cancers.
Did you know that erectile dysfunction is as common as cold in men over 30? So don’t feel alone if you are experiencing symptoms of this condition! We start to lose muscle after the age of 30, and we’ll lose roughly one third of our muscle mass between the ages of 50 and 80. This results in reduced blood flow in many of our muscles, the root cause of many sexual dysfunctions that we are experiencing after the age of 30.
It’s important to make a distinction between occasional and frequent ED. Many man can suffer from occasional erectile disfunction if they are under a lot of stress. If it starts happening frequently you should seek for a professional opinion.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
- Inability to achieve orgasm after prolonged stimulation
Common Causes of Erectile dysfunction
- Alcohol use
- Prostate desease
How to Improve Prostate Health?
This website offers you a guide to the prostate and various conditions that can affect your health.
You’ll see how men relieved the pain and swelling without drugs or surgery! You will learn the holistic approaches to having a healthy, discomfort and pain free, fully functional sexual and urinary systems!
Here you can learn about different foods for prostate health, prostate health supplements and discover alternative ways to prevent or conquer prostate conditions.
Find out how to have excellent prostate health! Lay out a definitive plan for you to prevent, treat or at the very least, ease your prostate problems. You will need to figure out what approach works best for you. Let’s begin with some basic info:
Foods for Prostate Health
There’s a road you need to be on to ensure prostate health. It begins with prostate health friendly foods. Taking care of what enters your body will highly improve your chances for prostate health.
Getting into a healthy eating routine takes a bit of effort, but after you have managed to get your prostate health diet under control you will feel quite a relief. You will have more energy, better quality of sleep and overall feel a big difference!
Here are 5 foods that are sure to boost your prostate health:
- Tomatoes – Including this healthy vegetable in your daily diet may slow cancer cell production. This is due to Lycopene, an antioxidant that gives the tomato its red color and offers amazing prostate health benefits.
Be mindful that Lycopene is tightly bound to the walls of the vegetable, and in order to truly reap prostate health benefits you’ll need to consume it cooked or pureed. Lycopene is also good for your brain, bones and heart health.
- Berries – Included in this package are raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. All of them will enrich your body with vitamin C. This is especially beneficial for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) since it helps reduce swelling.
The best, and easiest way to consume berries is by blending them into a healthy smoothie every morning. You can choose to add some banana, peanut butter and rice or almond milk into the mix.
- Broccoli – Contains Sulforaphane, a phytochemical that actually targets and destroys cancer cells, while leaving the healthy ones intact. Consider adding some cream soups, stir fries, and salads to your diet that contain this wonderful vegetable.
- Herring – and similar kinds of fatty fish will help lower the risk of prostate cancer and raise good cholesterol levels in your body. Incorporating food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids into your prostate health diet is highly beneficial. Other fatty fish include salmon, sardines, and mackerel.
- Nuts – Your prostate health diet should absolutely include almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, and pecans. They are a great source of vitamin E, calcium, and selenium that may help fight prostate cancer.
Of course, this list wouldn’t be complete without adding the foods and drinks to avoid.
Foods and Drinks to Avoid
- Red meat – According to the World Health Organization, there is evidence that eating red meat is linked to prostate cancer as well as other forms of cancer. The research was done world wide and more than 800 different studies were taken into consideration.
If you’re a huge fan of red meat or don’t want to give up on the protein try the following tactics:
- Try using beans instead of meat for your chilli
- Throw some fish fillets on the BBQ
- Give Tofu or Tempeh a try
- Eat more white meat like chicken
- Include lentils and legumes in your diet
- Try buying meat substitute products from vegan stores – often they taste just like meat but are a much healthier alternative.
- Alcohol – Absolutely stay away from this one, even though it may be very hard. Heavy drinkers that consume more than three drinks a day increase their chances to be diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer, amongst other diseases.
Other fooods to be mindfull of include dairy products, salad dressings, baked and processed foods. Also consider including aerobic exercise in your daily routine. According to an Italian research study published in the Harvard Journal, aerobic exercise helps with prostatitis pain, anxiety, and depression.
Tea for Prostate Health
Drinking Green Tea to maintain prostate health is a common practice in Asia. According to the Chinese Journal of Cancer the reported incidence of prostate cancer in Asia is much lower that the rest of the world.
Green tea contains Catechins, powerfull antioxidants that fight inflammation and infection. This potent herb can help soothe and reduce the symptoms of BPH and Prostatitis. So try and include this healthy Asian ritual in your daily life!
Supplements contain substances found in plants and they may be used as an alternative to prescription medicine, especially if the side effects are too much to bare. Most BPH patients have found Prostate Supplements to be extremely benificial.
Here is the list of herbs and plants that are known to be the most helpful:
- Pygeum is found inside the bark of the African plum tree. Prunus Africana is another name for it, which means the African cherry. This ingredient is often found in most brands of prostate supplements.
- Saw Palmetto is another ingredient found in most supplements that you can buy. It derives from a tree that can be found in North America. Some patients find it relieves their BPH symptoms.
- Beta-sitosterol is a plant substance similar to cholesterol. It may help reduce cholesterol levels by limiting the amount of cholesterol that is able to enter the body. It can also bind to the prostate and help reduce swelling (inflammation).
- Nettle tea -a tea made from stem and leaves of the plant, but the roots also have pharmacological qualities. This herb has anti-inflammatory qualities and helps reduce prostate inflammation
The following prostate supplements are still being researched: Garlic extract in water, flaxseed, milk thistle, and red clovel.
This will do wonders for your prostate health especially if done regularly. It can prevent and treat most prostate problems. The most convenient private way of doing it is at home with a prostate massager. Another option is to have a medical practitioner perform it or you could try and manage it with the help of your partner.
A prostate massage is also known as milking and it relieves painful prostate issues. It is a centuries old technique that has a proven track record of great results. Make sure you use the right tools and go slowly. Choosing the right massage device is an important step. Another very important step is taking care of your device and keeping it clean. The area around the rectum is sensitive and has many nerve endings. Take your time and get to know the new feeling.
Ayuverdic Medicine for Prostate Health
When dealing with prostate problems, some people turn to Ayuverda. Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent. Modernized practices derived from Ayurveda traditions are a type of alternative medicine that aims to rebalance mental and physical health using natural methods.
The Ayuverdic doctors teach that any disease is caused by an imbalance in the body and mind. They take the patients personality in account, habits, lifestyle and overall health history when treating a disease and look at the big picture.
Simple strategies of this nature that you can incorporate into your life today is daily yoga and meditation to help you deal with stress, improving your physical health, becoming aware of negative thought patterns and learning to be more present and calm.
The Role of Meditation in Prostate Health
According to a journal in Harvard Health Publishing performing mindfulness meditation can help patients ease their stress and improve their eating habits as well. Meditation begins with learning how to breathe and it continues with learning how to control your mind and conquer daily challenges without them affecting your mental state. It is a powerful practice that have a tremendous affect on your life and your health.
One last thing, make sure to check with your doctor before making any major changes to your lifestyle and diet. Hopefully we have answered many difficult questions and inspired you to take small steps towards a healthier you!
The role played by the prostate in masculine sexual function and urination cannot…
Prostate massage therapy had been the de facto way of treating prostatitis and…
Adult males have a normal prostate volume which ranges from 15 cubic centimeters…
Vital Techniques for Prostate Massage Therapy Prostate infection and inflammation, namely prostatitis and…
How to Deal with Prostatitis Pain Prostatitis pain could be excruciating and unbearable…
The Need and Relevance of Prostate Screening Prostate screening is highly important and…
Enlarged prostate or Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition very common in…
Cancer is generally a serious problem. It is the growth of malignant cells…
The prostate is a masculine gland that plays vital functions specifically for sexual…